Wednesday, June 9, 2010

coming home


photo: PJV

I just came home on Monday night. I'd been gone awhile, out of my element, in another language; different landscapes, different food, different light switches, different way to flush the toilet, say hello, tip, dress, hold your fork, count on your fingers.

Coming home, I was acutely aware of the smell of warm wood in the stairwell, the feel of my key in the lock, the weight of my suitcase, the layer of dust, the wilt of my plants, the familiar feel of my own bed.

xo,
L

6 comments:

JMP said...

And the existence of a shower curtain? :-)

L said...

Absolutely. I did have a shower with a half-wall this time, though.

Pucho V said...

I was acutely aware of the lack of a balcony overlooking an alpine lake.

Pucho V said...

tines down, tines down, tines down...I'll get it one of these days.

L said...

Yeah, our "balcony" right now overlooks our neighbors awesome yard that I am jealous of. Boo.

eyeheartorange said...

Awww, that's sweet :) Welcome back!