Sunday, January 10, 2010

si eve etait normande... OR: I got some extra cranberries lying around


The Normandy
The title of this post comes from the back of my bottle of Calvados: the apple brandy famous for intoxicating the American exchange students of Potsdam High School for over 2 decades. I remember when one kid got plastered at school (accidentally) after consuming a box full of chocolates filled with the stuff. Now he works in a liquor store.

I happen to have a certain Calvados nostalgia as a result, making it an ideal base for holiday cocktails. On the night that TV died, I found the below adorable video on how to make this calvados based drink.



In Summary... The Normandy
6 cranberries
1 slice green apple
1T simple syrup
1T lemon juice
1t brown juice
1/4 c Calvados

Muddle the cranberries and apple. Add teaspoon brown sugar and tablespoon of Lemon Juice. After mashing a bit, add tablespoon simple syrup and Calvados. Pour over ice. Garnish with cranberries. Enjoy while wearing your best holiday sweater.

xo,
L

5 comments:

Along the Ausable said...

i'm pretty sure shaking simple syrup could count towards exercise...you should track that for your trek to tulloieres!

Courtney said...

Ooooh, good call, Ali! ;)

L said...

Ah Ha! Yes! I will list it as 15min of "other" activity. Pete is beating me so I'd better start shaking.

Pucho V said...

What do you think "other" means on my trekker page?

Pucho V said...

Whoops, you just said that. I'm slow.