Sunday, November 22, 2009

cocktails against nasty

It is getting a bit nasty around here -- in my book that means cold, gray, bare trees, winter onset angst. To fight the nasty, P and I heated up rum and mixed it with some stuff. We tried:

Hot Buttered Rum
My mom made me my first hot buttered rum. Here's how we made ours last night.

Took our two biggest mugs (Tufts and World Elvis), in each we put

2 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 alspice berries
1 tsp butter

Poured boiling water in each much and let steep for 5 minutes. Then, added 2 1/2 shots dark rum (or to taste).

Mulled Cider Plus
3 cups cider
orange zest
cloves
allspice
cinnamon stick

Instructions: Mull it. Pour some dark rum in.

These remedies seemed to work. In any case, it felt much warmer...
xo,
L

2 comments:

Pucho V said...

This is just the type of thing to go in the World Elvis mug.

eyeheartorange said...

I approve of the butter + alcohol combo.