Thursday, August 27, 2009

nuts


This movie is cuh-RAZY.

P and I watched the movie Coraline the other night. That movie is NUTS.

I have no idea who the director and producer had in mind when they decided to make this movie, but apparently it was someone like me. It's not really for kids, it's not really for adults... It gave me deja vu of those kid nightmares we've all had where you know you're dreaming, but can't wake up; but not in a bad way. I know, it makes no sense. I will have to read the book to see if it is more/less creepy. Based on the cover, I'm going to say: equally creepy. Bizarre. Totally bizarre.

The premise is that a little girl who is unhappy with her boring life crawls through a tiny door into a perfect, alternate version of her life. She finds out she can stay there forever if she let's her perfect mother take out her eyes and sew buttons in their place. Yeah. Pretty awesome, huh? There is also some sort of eastern European retired circus performer, and some old, overweight burlesque actressess...

I think you should see this movie.

xo,
L
PS - you can send super creepy e-cards to your friends at the book site.

3 comments:

PhatKid said...

omg I SO wanted to see that movie. Now I must. Helloooo netflix.

Pucho V said...

I second your cuh-RAZY. Trippy, but very cool.

Courtney said...

Ooooh, we've got it on our Netflix queue. Andrew loves the author of the book, and follows his blog. Fun.