Wednesday, July 15, 2009

one for all those upstaters out there...


One to join the ranks of Nessie, Cressie, Mussie, and Champ...

Some of you who happen upon this blog from time to time may remember a certain fourth grade overnight trip to Cooperstown, NY. Ah yes, the Baseball Hall of Fame, and, er, what else was there? I know my gracious mother rembers sitting next to Betty Jo "I think I'm gonna 'splode" Nelson on the bus, but I don't recall many more details.

Anyway, this book takes place in a fictionalized version of Cooperstown and brings all sorts of upstate/FLR elements into play. Pete is in the midst of reading it right now, so I won't write too much about it, but I do highly recommend it. It's really well written, quirky, and incorporates vingettes involving Natty Bumppo, attempted murder by Alaskan bi-plane, and hippies. What more could you ask for?

If you read it, let me know what you think...
xo,
L

3 comments:

Pucho V said...

I haven't gotten to the Natty Bumppo part of it, so don't spoil it!

Courtney said...

I remember buying a neon green fanny pack, and getting that six-feet-o-bubble-gum container, on that trip.

Didn't you get a coordinating fanny pack?

L said...

Yes! It's all coming back to me now. Neon fanny pack...