Monday, March 30, 2009

I got worms! And, in other news...


BBOA & PHJB in BOS, MA

I have a worm. I do. Well, Pete and I both do, and it's wreaking havoc on our computer. This worm really, really loves pop-ups in the middle of my hulu, and crashing pretty much, um, everything. Hopefully will be resolved soon so I can start posting my pretty pictures, and random nonsense more regularly.

In other news... I returned home from an uber-quick jaunt to DC to an apartment that smelled absolutely divine: Pete was cooking up some gumbo in preparation for our Friday night outing to Symphony Hall to see the Blind Boys of Alabama and Preservation Hall Jazz Band (or as T put it so succinctly: The BBOA).

Ever have those days when you just want to put on flannel pajamas and get in bed, but instead you rally and you're so glad you did? This was one of those nights. Fortified with andouille and mint juleps, we headed downtown for a fantastic show. Even though we had, er, limited leg room, it didn't matter because we were on our feet most of the time.

[Note: Do not buy any seats in row C, 2nd balcony in Symphony Hall. Don't be cheap. It's not worth it.]

And so, I will wrangle the worm yet again tonight, but in case I don't get back here soon, I leave you with musical inspiration...



xo,
L

4 comments:

eyeheartorange said...

yay, BBOA!! Oh and by the way, Bullwinkle stew was heartbreaking. I love that dang Moose and Squirrel!

BurlingtonBride said...

awesome! i'm glad you had fun. any hope you'd come to connecticut to hear preservation hall jazz band again at the litchfield jazz fest this summer? other headliners are jane monheit and poncho sanchez. check out the whole weekend line-up from july 31 - august 2: http://www.litchfieldjazzfest.com/jazzfest_lineup.htm

and this year we'll have lobster...mmm. the local lion's club will be serving lobster and i'm super excited.

Pucho V said...

Hopefully, the triple threat of McAfee, Windows Defender, and OneCare Safety Scanner have taken care of that worm problem.

Good idea about the squirrel, eyeheartorange. Rocky is the next victim of the slowcooker.

L said...

We do have a car now, so CT is not out of reach...