Thursday, March 12, 2009

good to the last drop


No reading ahead.

Whenever I travel, I always allow myself to buy a best seller treat from an airport newsstand or bookstore. For my recent trip to Miami, I picked up this book. I just finished it last night, and immediately burst into tears. It. Was. So. Good. Pete was understandably alarmed, but my puffy eyes this morning were worth it.

Not since my Thirteenth Tale obsession has a book engrossed me like this one has. It's kind of Mansfield Park/Atonement-esque. Now, I'm going to say something that may cause some trouble: If you read this book, do NOT read ahead. I know this is like saying "don't think of a white bear" or putting a button in front of someone and saying "don't push this," but I am guilty of the read-ahead and was so glad that I didn't do that this time. The book was great until the very last page. Literally.

I'm trying to make Pete read it next, but if you call dibs in a comment, I'll put it in the mail to you when he's through...

xo,
L
PS - Keep in mind, perhaps not high literature, but very entertaining.
PPS - It might take Pete a long time to read.

6 comments:

Pucho V said...

Hey, are you calling me slow? It only took me just under a year to finish Europe Central. I can read fast--I just need to move my lips when I do.

JMP said...

Is it a paperback, and can it fit in my purse? If so, I might like that for the T. Don't want to fight P for it, though...

JMP said...

Oh, and also? I'm a *wicked* fast reader.

L said...

JMP - you win and jump the line ahead of P. Let's do the exchange in person... ooohh.

tera said...

yay! Another L approved read. Can't wait to get through the 3 books I have going right now and start that one!

JuneBug said...

Got it from the Library. It was good. I've never read a book like that meaning EnglandHistoricalMysteryRomance. It took a little while to get into it and then I was devouring it. Thanks for the recc, I'll take another!