Sunday, February 15, 2009

the reaping


seasons change...

My love affair with the AeroGarden continues. I simply must make it my job to endorse this product. If you live in a small apartment, somewhere where it is winter most of the year, or if you simply kill plants whenever you try to keep them, you must have and Aero. You must.

After six months of abundant herbs, many batches of pesto, basil/pineapple/lime gimlets, great garnish, mint juleps, pizza toppings, roasting spices and spice rubs, stock flavorings, mint simple syrup, and hours of pleasure standing in front of bright lights literally watching the grass grow, it is time to replant.

The final harvest became more pesto and a few last cocktails.


and now, we wait...

xo,
L
PS - thanks to Jamey for the replacement pods. Best. Present. Ever.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pucho V said...

The basil is beginning to show signs of sprouting already. Spring is here!

Courtney said...

I remain jealous of the AeroGarden. They have it at Costco, and it takes all of my will power to not buy it. I just need to do it. I've probably spent half of its cost in cilantro and basil since I started talking about it.

And kind of funny, Leah + AeroGarden reminds me a LOT of Andrew, when I first met him, and his passion for the Roomba/Scooba. Hilariou.

L said...

I harbor secret fascination with the Roomba. I am also slightly afraid of the Roomba. It could be cute like a little pet, or crazy-demonic and eat your socks. One never knows...