This weekend, we were feeling tropical, so whipped up some pina coladas (dark rum version, of course) to accompany some Spicy Roasted Asian Fish. It was from Cooking Light, and met my criteria of super-easy, tastes really good. I couldn't find a link for the recipe, but here's an approximation -- we used cod, which worked out fine, but think you could use any other fish that holds up well in baking.
Preheat oven to 425 (or a little hotter).
Combine in blender or food processor:
- Some chopped garlic (3 cloves or so)
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 T fish sauce
- A bunch of chili sauce, to taste (2T or so)
[Note: I must write about fantastic Indian mart around the corner that has mulitple versions of chili sauce and rose water(!), which I'll have to use in something interesting soon...]
- Chopped up ginger (a few Ts)
- Chopped lemon grass (2 Ts or so)
- Lime juice (I totally left out this ingredient by accident, don't do that!)
Yeeees.... it's not March. No.... it's late April and I'm in the Carribbean. Yeah, that's it....