Tuesday, November 25, 2008

but when she got there, the cupboard was bare...

Which means, I really, really needed an emergency meal this past Sunday morning. Er, ok, it was actually already afternoon.


The ultimate emergency, emergency meal

Awhile back, I was inspired by this post, and have made several delicious impromtu tartines out of whatever happened to be around that day. Sunday, however, fell after two weeks of P's constant travel to random places for work, and me eating Trader Joe's potstickers every night. [Note: the chicken potstickers are not as savory and delicious as the pork potstickers.] I had eaten myself out of every immediately preparable food item, and many staples as well. Thank goodness I had some random hunks of bread lying around.

And, 2 shallots left hiding in the cabinet...

And, some fig jam, which was delicious this summer...

...And way in the back of the cheese drawer, a container of bleu cheese crumbles.

Caramelized the shallots, toasted the bread, topped with jam, cheese, shallots, popped under broiler, et voila: Food in hand, I was back to my old self.

Clearly this means I am still very open to any emergeny meal recommendations you might have, for REAL emergencies... (Well, not like stranded in the wilderness emergencies, but like very, very hungry emergiencies.)

xo,
L

No comments: