Thursday, October 30, 2008

Shhh....


Quiet as a...

I've just quit my gym. I haven't been going, but I felt like having a membership and not going was better than not having a membership and not having the option of going. I know, I know. It made sense on some level. So, yes, I've parted ways with my gorgeous expensive gym, its fun classes, and its beautiful sauna because I am lazy.

Not lazy, exactly. The gym route just wasn't working for me anymore for a variety of reasons. I have some classes and a few other ideas lined up to keep me in shape, but I'd really like to work out at home. The only problem is that I live in an apartment building and have above and below neighbors who, I imagine, would not be thrilled with a regular kick-boxing routine, jumping jacks, running in place, etc.

Can you recommend some good/fun exercise ideas or DVDs that are quiet enough not to disrupt my neighbors...?

xo,
L

7 comments:

JMP said...

Come down south of the river and hike in the Blue Hills Reservation with me one of these weekends. (Will also qualify as "getting out of the house" credit).

L said...

Ooooh. Tempting! When is your next hike?

Dan said...

She goes all the time. And then we can all go to Shabu afterwards.

L said...

I was just reading about Shabu from your blog and thinking, yes, I would like to go there. I would like to go there with Dan & Jen...

JMP said...

Ooohhh...yeah...good call. Shabu would be the perfect ending to a late-fall hike. I was thinking there would have to be warm food and/or drink after. I am trying to go every weekend, although this weekend is up in the air (getting over a cold). Let's make a plan!

Anonymous said...

We've been once (it was yummy) and have been itching for a return visit. It's just the thing for brisk fall times.

Meredith said...

Two words: Broadway Jazz!