Thursday, October 23, 2008

keeping busy


Ground Quidditch in VT...

I have slight cold weather onset anxiety. I am preparing for the end of Leah Season and the beginning of much time spent at home involving flannel, fleece, television, and tea. To combat this state, I have decided that I want to make Anna my role model and emulate her: "do one new thing every day" rule. I was quite impressed to hear her account of a recent Quidditch match she attended... Now there's ingenuity in seeking out something new.

I am not quite so ambitious, but would like to lay out the following guidelines semi-publicly so you can keep me in line and make sure I'm sticking with the plan. Rules are simple:
  1. Do something besides go straight home after work at least once a week (to start).
  2. Leave the apartment at least one time a day, each day of the weekend. No more pj-all-day days except in the case of: blizzard, sub zero temperatures, drenching rain, sickness. I must have some caveats.
  3. Write a weekly post about my "something new."

We'll see how this goes. So far, so good. Last night, I went to hear Senator Kerry speak. Tomorrow night Pete and I will have dinner with Amy and Carter. This means I have a Saturday and Sunday outing to come up with still....

Working on it.
xo,
L

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Sunday brunch with me?

L said...

YES! Let's pick a place...

Courtney said...

That's all you! I am staying at Copley, but can easily hop on the T to your side of town, too!

Anna said...

Brunch with Courtney in Boston sounds like a great something new for the weekend. If I were in VT, I would come and join you girls as well so that could be my something new as well. Miss you both a ton!

eyeheartorange said...

I want in on this rule! I have been doing sort of the same thing lately, but centering it more on meeting new people. Can't wait for Thursday, I am going to see Wicked with 2 new girlfriends! Tomorrow Brett and I are mountain biking with a new couple :) Yay for personal growth.

Courtney said...

Um, you are out of control, Tera. I need to do that, too!

I am going out to dinner with a bunch of internet friends in a couple of week...that should count, right?

Leah...brunch was fab, and definitely worthy of something new. NOT TO MENTION the dog parade. That was awesome.