Saturday, September 27, 2008

C&L re-live their (younger) youth...


C&L re-live their youth...

At long last, it is time to post a quick update on my wonderful weekend visit from C. The above photo is swiped from the lovely DA's facebook page and is from a night on the town to celebrate D's birthday. It was one of those nights where you plan to go out, but you're having so much fun hanging out at someone's apartment, that by the time you are ready to actually do the going out part, the number of places you can actually get into has gone down drastically. This does not happen to me often as I: A) do not go out late at night, and B) usually only do so in the summer (a.k.a. "Leah Season").

As a result, we ended up out on "just out of college row" at a place called Lir. When I first moved to Boston it was called McCarthy's, which always reminded me of eating cinnamon buns in Canton rather than drinking beer in a meat market. Better than that, we set up court in the basement, which was "more mellow," which meant that there was space available for drunk hoochies to swirl around in circles to remixes of Umbrella, and no top-shelf liquor was served. Wow, I swear that was never me. Being, ahem, almost 30 made me feel pretty good about myself at that moment. BUT - it was still really fun to hang out with friends old and new, and observe the ancient mating rituals of white, east-coast early-20 somethings...

Last time I was out in this area I remember:

  1. Ending up in the cross-fire of a fratboy bar fight.
  2. Being at a place that had one of those machines where you manipulate a claw to get a prize, and in this case the prizes were live lobsters...

Luckily, C and I had offset this experience by spending a very refined afternoon sipping champagne and drinking tea, and being very glad that our friends are not like the loud, drunk and possibly loud, drunk AND pregnant ladies that were next to us. I'm a lucky gal to have such great friends...

Looking forward to visiting you in VA soon, C!
xo,
L

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay! Such a lovely time. And a great post to sum it up.

Can't wait for you and P to visit in a couple of weeks!