Thursday, July 24, 2008

no time like the present


Tick, tock...

I love presents. Getting them is swell, but I especially love giving them. My only problem is, once said present is in hand, I have an awfully hard time waiting until the appropriate moment (day, or even month) to give it to its intended recipient. Case in point, I divulged P's grand birthday scheme after a lovely evening drinking wine, including plans for picnicking and race track visiting. I have managed to conceal the place we're staying, but that is about it. So, that happened in February, and P's birthday is in August. You see? I have a problem.

To try to correct a bit for this indiscretion, I have found a supplementary present for P's birthday. However, now that it is wrapped and sitting on my night stand, it is only a matter of time before I hand it over. I feel bad for P! It's not very fun to not get any presents on your birthday because you've received them already.

What to do, what to do....?

xo,
L

3 comments:

Pucho V said...

Yeah, I saw the present on your nightstand this morning, but decided to pretend I didn't. Ah...the suspense!

I'm pretty darn excited about the birthday trip, too.

Courtney said...

I am HORRIBLE about waiting to give gifts. I told Andrew about his surprise 30th birthday party. I've given him father's day gifts early. And Christmas gift exchanges usually happen weeks before Christmas itself happens...

I wish I wasn't like this, but I get SO excited about gifts!

Pucho V said...

A shiny new iPod! Woohoo!