Happy Bastille Day, all!
P and I spent the weekend reveling in francophile-ness in honor of France's national holiday. Mostly this involved eating a lot and talking about making an appearance at Bastille Day-a-go-go, a celebration we stumbled upon several years ago, but have yet to re-visit despite an awesome Edith Piaf cover band, free cake, and a 6-ft+ tall man dressed as Napoleon leading a New Orleans party band. In spite of our best intentions, too much charcuterie and kir thwarted our plans. Next year, I swear.
Culinary adventures included:
- Halibut Provençal and a lovely rosé
- Ladies lunch with D&M at Gaslight
- An afternoon visit to the Beehive for St. Germain cocktails
- Cheese and Charcuterie with P on the balcony with kir
- Sunday night Salade Niçoise
Until next Bastille Day, bisous.