Monday, February 25, 2008

The opposite of smelting

While P was off smelting with his man friends (collectively known as "Mantown"), T and I set out to do the opposite...


T prepares for a girly afternoon.... Cheers!

Here's how our respective weekends unfolded...

Mantown: Sitting in a cold shack with ice underneath.


Cold smelting shanty...

T&L: Sitting on a comfy couch wearing fuzzy slipper socks and enjoying heat included in the rent.


T's fuzzy slipper socks

Mantown: Drinking beer, sharing the one and only smelt that was caught.



D caught THE smelt...



Beer while waiting for the smelt to bite...

T&L: Drinking kir royals, sharing Dancing Deer Molasses cookies, fresh melon, beautiful walnuts, and special tiny pastries brought by T from Konditor Meister.


The set-up


Konditor Meister treats

Mantown: Watching a hole in the ice for any sign of small, elusive fish.


Patience is a virtue when smelting...

T&L: Watching a horribly girly movie, and not really paying attention because we're talking too much.

Parting gift for Mantown: Bones of one caught smelt.

Party gift for T: Fuzzy slipper socks and a springtime candle packaged in a tiny lavender gift bag with yellow tissue paper.

To each his or her own; I'm certainly not saying that one weekend was better than the other. I'm just glad I got to choose how I spent mine. T, thanks for a wonderful time! Can't wait to do it again soon.

xo,
L

5 comments:

post pike said...

I watched No Reservations this weekend too! Except I was alone while husband was gambling with a bachelor party in Atlantic City and my snack was plain white rice. (definitely time for a trip to the grocery store.) I LOVE Dancing Deer cookies!

L said...

Rice can be delicious, PP! That movie made me want to eat fois gras...

Courtney said...

I watched that on-demand this weekend, too. But, I made Andrew watch it with me. He went to the movies alone in the afternoon, so it was only fair that I got to pick the post-B-to-bed movie!

Anonymous said...

Our smelt shanty was actually nice and toasty, thanks to a small woodstove. The delicious Italian subs and variety of tasty brews helped us pass a pleasant evening of (non)fishing.

eyeheartorange said...

Gee, for someone who slammed blogging up until 2 weeks ago, PP definitely gets around the commenting circuit!