Saturday, February 2, 2008

Marvelous Ms. M...


M&L...
[Photo courtesy of my amazing photgrapher
Daria Bishop. Love her]


This evening, while P and I were drinking cucumber lemon martinis and making butternut squash risotto, we were also discussing one of my wonderful childhood friends, the Marvelous Ms. M. M has inspired me all my life, but especially since she lived abroad with such confidence in 5th grade, returning to the sheltered NoCo with worldly wisdom on sex ed in other countries, and a self-assuredness that I wish could be instilled in all young women.

M has lived in Kenya, among other countries, has taught English, has taught for America, is beautiful, confident, smart, and inspiring. I admire her. She will go far.

xo,
L

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I couldn't agree more!
xoxo

tera said...

awww, that is so nice. She is pretty amazing. We had a great time in Miami for New Year's. I am trying to get her to move here and do law school at Emory! I love the picture of you two!