Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Laissez les bons temps rouler...

Yesterday was not only Super Tuesday, but also Mardi Gras, two occasions that P and I feel strongly should be appropriately celebrated. We started out the day by doing our civic duty and voting, as one should on election day. I lost my "I voted" sticker, but P proudly displayed his while we prepared our Mardi Gras feast.



P voted...
I told him to "look earnest" in this picture.

We had decided in advance that we would be making jambalaya and set right to work chopping up the holy trinity along with chicken, shrimp, ham, spices.... Cooking such as this requires the right atmosphere, of course. I had planned on having hurricanes while we prepared dinner, but apparently they call for passion fruit juice, amaretto, and a bunch of other stuff, which was way too complicated for me to deal with. Instead, we kept it super simple, and didn't even touch the Abita we had lined up:


Keeping it simple - Mr. Gibson, meet Martini....

Appropriate attire (in addition to P's sticker) included our pajamas, and strands of pearls from my Breakfast at Tiffany's bridal shower.


These pearls have turned out to be very useful (from my shower in May)...
Final atmospheric prep included a New Orleans Soundrack:
As I've mentioned, I love New Orleans. It is such a unique treasure, and we can't wait to go back. We're thinking next spring. In the meantime, I will learn to make a mean Hurricane...


The finished product....

xo,
L

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Fantastic! Makes me want a martini...

xoxo

L said...

testing!