Thursday, January 24, 2008

Perfectly perfect...


Perrrrfeeeect!

Is it bad that it is only afternoon and I'm already planning my evening cocktail? No, really, I have been very good and healthy lately, but I have had a long day and have to work late, so looking forward to a lovely cocktail definitely helps!

Tonight I will have one of my very favorite new cocktails that I discovered in my very sadly discontinued fave magazine Blueprint (Why, Martha, why?): The Perfect Storm.

Here's how to soothe yourself after a hard day:

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 vanilla bean

1/2 cup superfine sugar

1 ounce ginger brew (Reed's is the best!)

1 1/2 ounces apple cider

2 ounces dark rum (Gosling's Black Seal is the best!)


Directions

Split a vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape out the inside and add it to the sugar, setting aside the pod. Stir until the sugar is speckled with bits of vanilla. Dip the rim of a glass in water, then in the sugar to coat. Mix ginger brew, apple cider, and rum in a measuring cup (Whatever! Mix it in the glass! Mix it in a pitcher! Mix it in your mouth if you must!). Pour over ice into glass and garnish with half the vanilla bean.

NOTE: These things are DEADLY. I highly suggest setting a pre-determined drink limit in advance of imbibing.

Enjoy!
L
PS - Just received some extra lovely photos that will soon become a post re: K's 1-yr high tea birthday party!

2 comments:

tera said...

I know!! What gives. MSLO? I will miss Blueprint terribly. But at least we still have Domino and Real Simple. I also like ReadyMade for the design, but like I'd ever make any of the projects they show.
There should be a blog solely devoted to boycotting the demise of Blueprint.

Courtney said...

SO sad. I have to renew my RS subscription. Oh, and we're thinking about putting in an offer on a townhouse across the street, so I will finally be able to buckle down and decorate how I want...The best part, is that it's mostly identical to the TH we're renting for the year (just nicer) so I can start planning now. :)

How was the drink?