Sunday, January 20, 2008

How to survive the winter


Best hot chocolate ever: LA Burdick

My best advice to myself on how to survive the New England winter has been to think ahead.

I'm trying to enjoy wintery things like how winter sunshine is sharper than summer sunshine, hot chocolate, cashmere sweaters, ice skating, making Valentines. My problem arises when I think about March. I am afraid of the longest month ever where you start to think that maybe spring is just about to surprise you, but then you have a blizzard every year on March 21st...


View from my window on the latest snow day...

Thus, the thinking ahead to spring/summer tactic. For example, the other day, I spent quite a bit of time thinking about how nice it will be when the farmers markets reopen.


Farmers market just up the road...

Dreaming of farmers markets wasn't cutting it, so P & I just booked a fantastic, and almost free (yay, points!) Trip to St. John USVI in April. Cannot wait. More to come on this, but for now, soak up the sun in this tiny pic....


Cannot wait to go here!

Please share any ideas on how to survive winter! I'd love to hear them...
xo,
L

No comments: