Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm Old Fashioned...

Good ol' Old Fashioned...

I was preparing to post Holiday Anticipation Series, #2, but got caught up in a rant to my poor parents about how my totally great, really challenging, and all around cool job is making me unhappy. Well! We know what that calls for -- a lovely thought. Or, a good stiff drink.

I love a classic cocktail, and have recently been shaking/stirring and calibrating some durn good manhattans, martinis, dark'n'stormys (not all at once) in my home kitchen laboratory. Tonight called for an Old Fashioned. An old fashioned is just beautiful in its simple alchemy. Sugar, two dashes of bitters, bourbon, orange peel, and a cherry if you're feeling crazy. So few ingredients, but an amazing and delicious result. I like to use raw sugar in drinks because I think it adds a little complexity.
Mmmmm.... better already.
xo,
L

4 comments:

TMP said...

Leah, you rock! Wish we could have cocktails together tonight. What a lovely thought.

Lady L said...

Ooooh! That might call for a champagne cocktail. Miss you, lady...
Love, love,
L

Courtney said...

I want happy hour with you ladies, too! I could use a martini right about now!
xo

Courtney said...

If you wanted a drink with me before, you won't any longer; but if nothing else, it should be easy for you to come up with 7 LOVELY random and/or weird things. :)

Don't hate me...I tagged you for a meme on my site. See my latest post for details. :)