Thursday, October 4, 2007

Found it...

To prove that I am not as shallow as the first few list items I have mentioned might imply, I am including here my actual answers to the questions I was asked.

1. What is important to me?

Family
Pete
Close friends
Making people happy, comfortable
Helping people
Cheese, wine
Travel
Nice beds
Nice hotels
Security – financial, job, personal
Warmth
My dog
My job
French
Treating myself every now and then: massage, etc
Entertaining friends
Trying to be a good world citizen, being as sensitive as possible to issues/people
Small things for the environment
Reading
Writing
Organizing
Dance
Cooking

2. What do I hope for, dream of, or wish to accomplish in my lifetime?
To be fluent in French
To live abroad
To have a family and a job and not have to compromise
If I have kids, make sure they spend some time living abroad
Travel to many countries
Have a house with a yard
Live in VT
To be independently wealthy
To have own practice or flexibility in job
Help Pete write his screen play
Write something of substance that is actually good
My sister to be normal and to have a good relationship with her
My brother to be happy
To take care of my parents if they need it
To have a comfortable retirement
Have a regular dance partner, perhaps compete

3. Are you living your life accordingly?
So, this is the "shocker" question that is supposed to make you reevaluate your life. It wasn't enough to make me move to Italy for 2 years as it did for my officemate, but I have taken some small steps to make sure I elevate the importance of these things in my daily life, and make sure they don't fall to the wayside when I'm "too busy." All in all, this was a really useful tool, I think.

So far, I've taken a French Class, kept reading books in French, have actively read about wine, and attended tastings, and will soon go to a private tasting and hope to take some classes. We'll see how I do on the other items. Many of them are just matters of educating myself more, so totally doable! I like lists, so I'm going to start checking things off...

No comments: